Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Power of a Shower... and other craziness

Are you an Energizer Bunny? Off and running when your feet hit the floor? What's your secret?
I'm trying a new system of getting my day going.  I have so many things going on in my head that I sometimes freeze up due to a sense of overwhelm and don't get anything accomplished. So, in an effort to save my self from my self I am trying to work out yet another plan to get my day off to a successful start.  Type-A personalities unite!

With this completed "short-list" in hand I have hopes of propelling myself into even more productivity.  Right? Let's see how this panned out...

#1 TIDY UP MY BEDROOM EVERY MORNING
Collected all strewn clothing...(Ah! There's my purse!!)...from the day before (okay, the week before) and tossed it all in the walk-in closet on the heap of clean laundry still in the wicker basket from the other night's last minute, red-eye, 11pm wash. Slowly scanned the room for more. Oops. Spotted more clothing hiding under a chair. "Who says I can't do a slam dunk in the basket from here?", I said aloud as I moved to the opposite corner of the room. Bam! Done! Fun! Off to a good start!

"I'll sort it out and put it away in a minute. I might wear something that's in the basket so I might as well not fold and hang things up until I know what I'm wearing.  But I may not take my shower until later.  So I'd be getting dressed just to get undressed to take a shower and then get dressed again. That makes no sense." I say to myself.  We're done here. Close the closet door.  SUCCESS!  Bedroom looking much better.

#2 TOUCH UP/CLEAN BOTH BATHROOMS
Well...we both have our own bathrooms. And since this is really only about me I see no reason to drag the poor man into my issues with my self.  He can take care of his own bathroom. There. How decisive. One done and one to go.

The red, plush, shag throw rug covers 99% of the floor. Since that involves possible vacuuming/shaking/sweeping it's more of a house-in-general chore and can be done thoroughly at that time. So there's no sense dragging the vacuum out just for this little thing. Done.

Everything else looks good as I, with a sweep of the hand, clear any visible counter clutter into the top drawer. I know what's in there so...works for me.

Now, all masters of bathroom productivity everywhere know that the most efficient way to hit the toothpaste splatter on the bathroom mirror is to make use of The Steamy Shower-fog to polish the mirror with a clean cloth immediately after stepping out of the shower. Then use that cloth for a quick wipe-down of the counter and other surfaces.  Fast. Bam. Done.
But I may not take my shower until later, so I shall wait until I have the amazing Shower-fog to clean all that.  Moving on...

#3 GET DRESSED 
(Yes, I have to put that on my To-Do List.) ...enough said. At the moment, though, I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do today. Gardening, painting, clean out the garage, go for a walk? But I may not take my shower until later so it seems silly to get dressed, undressed to shower, dressed again. Sounds very counter-productive, and oddly similar.  I'll figure that out later.  Probably while I'm taking my shower. On to the next step.

#4 START THE DAY WITH A CLEAN KITCHEN
Actually this started out to be a "Don't go to bed with a dirty kitchen" goal. But, if I do end up with dirty dishes in the sink from the night before...okay, okay. from the entire day before..two days?..whatever... I can still claim a successful start to the next day.  Brilliant!

Now, if I don't want to clean up twice I should have breakfast first. Nothing more annoying than having dirty dishes immediately after cleaning up. However, I'm not quite hungry yet and I usually prefer to eat breakfast after I've had my shower and gotten dressed anyway.  I'm sure I'll figure it out later.  Probably while I'm taking my shower. I get some of my best thinking done in there. Why is that??  But I may not take my shower until later and then it'll be nearly lunchtime....more dirty dishes. I better hold off.  Good. That's settled.

#5 REVIEW THE REST OF THE DAY'S TO-DO LIST
You know, after looking over today's possibilities and all this hot summer weather we've been having, I realize I'm probably going to get all sweaty today no matter what I do. And I really don't like having to take a shower twice in one day.  And I always lose track of time once I get going. Then, when I do come in once I finish whatever I'll be doing for the day I know I'll have to sit down and cool off with a couple of glasses of ice-water.  By that time it'll be too close to dinner time to squeeze a shower in. Once dinner is done (and the dishes!) it'll be well after 7pm and I hate to miss Wheel of fortune just because I was in the shower.  And taking a late-night shower just wakes me up and then I can't get to sleep. What's a body to do??

Now that I've given the whole matter careful thought, I may not take my shower until tomorrow.
-----------------------------------

At the end of the day...
I've now developed a new Morning Mantra to recite before my feet hit the floor.
JUST TAKE THE SHOWER.... JUST TAKE THE SHOWER...JUST...........

Enjoy your day! and enjoy your shower...,
ORRdinaryMe 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.